NADP Knowledge Center
Focusing on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (Leadership 2021)
Recorded On: 01/27/2021
This session recording price:
- Free to Leadership 2021 registrants
- $50 for NADP Members
- $99 for Non Members
Dr. Knight will present “Focusing on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion,” which will focus on the following key themes:
- Reshaping Organizational Culture
- Valuing Diverse Perspectives
- Authentic Leadership
- Self-Awareness & Sensitivity
The presentation will:
- Challenge participants to expand their minds about diversity and inclusion as a driver in creating optimal outcomes for the individual, company, and community.
- Engage participants in creating a culture that embraces diverse perspectives.
- Reinforce the beauty of collaboration in order to make a maximum impact.
- Focus on self-awareness and leading conversations that are authentic, empathetic, and open; highlighting individual contribution to the whole.
- Build upon key concepts to foster deeper insights and encourage practice of essential takeaways to perpetuate stronger relationship and greater business outcomes.
Michaelle Knight, Ed.D
Dr. Knight’s research on communication and building trusting relationships began early 2000 and presently continues. Her studies were initiated through uncovering commonalities in healthy relationships that fostered solid communication and trust, versus those based on other factors such as fear, selfishness, or unhealthy compromise. After being introduced to the philosophy of Daniel Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence in 2009, her knowledge and appreciation for her interests in communication blossomed. Topics such as empathy, self-esteem and team building became part of her research broadening her spectrum from familial perspectives to include corporate settings and related business relationships.
To date she has created a leadership guide which includes modules that teach leaders practical and applicable communication skills and assessments to gauge their progress.
In 2016, Dr. Knight published her dissertation research titled, Generational Learning Style Preferences Based on Computer-Based Healthcare Training. This very timely research established a new platform for her continued success as a researcher of generational perspectives. As well, her accomplishment inspired newfound opportunities to explore unprecedented research initiatives, form fresh professional partnerships, and uncover entrepreneurial endeavors. As the CEO & Founder of Knight Consulting, San Diego, a leadership & professional development agency, a life-coach & executive mentor, wife, mother, speaker, world-traveler and community leader, many ask the question, how she does it all?