NADP Knowledge Center
Medicaid: A Changing Landscape for Dental Coverage (Recording)
Recorded On: 05/16/2018
In this 60-minute webinar on Medicaid, Avalere will explore enrollment and program administration trends, ongoing state initiatives, and potential federal policy changes. The webinar will cover:
- An overview of Medicaid eligibility, enrollment, and coverage
- Enrollment trends, including Medicaid expansion and use of managed care
- State Medicaid program reforms, including waiver proposals to alter benefits and add elements of personal responsibility
- Potential federal Medicaid policy changes, such as block grant and per capita cap financing approaches
- Outlook and key considerations for dental coverage in Medicaid
Tiernan supports Avalere clients in analytic and strategic engagements focused on Medicaid, Medicare, and other health policy trends. In particular, Tiernan leads a variety of projects focused on the Medicaid market, including landscape analyses, contracting strategies, and state tracking. Her work aims to help clients understand the impact of states’ Medicaid policy decisions on access to products and services—and to strategize solutions to improve beneficiaries’ access.
Prior to joining Avalere, Tiernan worked as a health educator at the Delta Area Health Education Center in Helena, AR. Additionally, she analyzed the Chilean public healthcare system while studying in Concepción, Chile.
Tiernan has a BA in Neuroscience from Middlebury College.
Megan supports clients in anticipating and navigating the evolving federal and state health policy environment. In particular, she advises clients on their business and advocacy strategies related to legislative and regulatory developments. Megan has specific expertise in Medicaid, drug pricing policy, and health insurance markets and she leads to the firm’s analysis of Medicaid managed care trends. Prior to joining Avalere, Megan held policy roles at Novo Nordisk and Avalere Health, and worked with the New York State Department of Labor in the Research and Statistics Division. Megan has an MPH in Health Policy from George Washington University’s Milken Institute School of Public Health and BA in Economics and Psychology from Saint Michael’s College.
- Non-member - $99
- Full Voting Member - Free!
- Non-Voting Member - Free!